Why I Stopped Clubbing

 




I made this video in 2019 where I gave reasons to stop clubbing. But I guess I did not personalize it enough. So let me tell you why I stopped clubbing and why there's really no going back for me:

1. I MADE UP MY MIND TO LIVE A GODLY LIFE


When I gave my life to Christ, clubbing is one of the things that the Holy Spirit instructed me to quit. I remember I used to go clubbing almost every weekend, but when I became born again I was no longer feeling at ease in nightclubs. 

The Word of God says in 1 Thessalonians 4:3 God wants me to be holy  and in Ephesians 5: 15-18 Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with Spirit.

Obviously, nothing in nightclubs could help me live a godly life. Not the secular music, not the dance, not the alcohol, not the ungodly dressing.

2. IT'S INSANE TO STAY CLUBBING WITH A REGULAR JOB




I can't perform well at work if I spent my weekend clubbing. I risk falling asleep, my brain will be exhausted, with my face crying for sleep. I just had to set my priorities right and clubbing was definitely not one of them. I need my beauty sleep, I need to keep my brain in good condition. Hence👉 clubbing.

3. IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY!


 

To be honest, as a girl, I rarely had to pay for anything myself when I went clubbing because male friends will often take my friends and I out. But still! What about the times when I paid for myself? I mean wasted my money in the nightclub? Additionally, wearing makeup every weekend to go clubbing is a waste of makeup, and in turn a waste of money because I'll have to replace it too soon. Yes, I said it. Oh and did I mention having to do your hair? The conditioners, the gels and everything that we use on that African hair? Let's not even go into transportation!

I simply decided to save and use my money for personal investments, bills and any other thing that could help me physically, mentally or spiritually.


4. I REALIZED MY TIME WAS TOO PRECIOUS


 

Let me not even start trying to count the number of hours that I wasted in my life going clubbing. Ugh! But it's ok, all things work together for good for those who love God huh? I wouldn't be here blogging against clubbing if I hadn't tried it myself. 

But yes, I'd rather spend time nourishing my brain and body with things that make me a better person than spending it dancing in a club. I must be honest, there are things I accomplish in 2h that I could not accomplish when I used to go clubbing. Because I get to rest more, meditate and in turn put that energy into good works.

5. I HAVE BECOME CRAZY ABOUT HYGIENE AND CLEANLINESS


Sometimes I just wonder how I was able to deal with how people rub on each other, with that sweat due to lack of space. The person I am now simply cannot be in crowded loud places. Rubbing skin with strangers on a dancefloor, with all sorts of diseases that exist out there - Ah! No, no, no! 

Comments

  1. The Ew's in last part����������

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only tried clubbing once and couldn't stay all night! I wonder how people do it. The place is so stuffy and sweaty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts